Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Born Pretty Store Review: Nail Decals, Stamping and French Tip Guides

I was absolutely THRILLED when BornPrettyStore contacted me on my Instagram account (@melinails) to see if I wanted to do a review for them for some nail art items!!! If you don't know already, BornPrettyStore is an amazing website in which you could purchase all kinds of things from nail art supplies to nail polish to makeup to jewelry to a whole lot more.  They are mostly popular for their immense selection of affordable, great quality nail art products.  Shipping is ALWAYS free from their site, which is absolutely something that I love because the cost of shipping for me is usually a make-it or break-it decision maker for me.  They ship from Hong Kong and shipping tends to take about 2-3 weeks.  

If you would like to read more about the awesome products I received from BornPrettyStore, check it out after the jump!  



When BornPrettyStore contacted me to do a review, I was smiling from ear to ear.  I LOVE their products and I was super excited about reviewing for them.  I was given a link in which I was to pick 3-4 times to review on and then I received them through the mail with absolutely no problem within 2 weeks.  Here's everything that I received for review, below.  I will go through each item and tell you guys a little bit more about them! 




First up for review is a set of purple floral pattern nail decals.  The specific number associated with this set of designs is XF1026, and can be purchased on their website for only $1.99.  The sheet came with 26 individual flower designs, I thought they were all so beautiful and delicate looking!  On the back of the packaging, there were some very easy-to-follow directions on how to apply the decals to your nails.  

The first step is to take off the clear film from the whole sheet of decals.  Then, cut out the decals that you want to use, and try to get as close to the decal as you can.  Have a small container of water next to you, as you will need it in the next step.  With some tweezers, dip the decal you would like to place on your nail in the water for about 10-15 seconds.  Then, take it out of the water and with the tweezers again separate the decal off of the white paper backing.  Finally, place the decal image side up onto your nail and smooth it on!




Below is the nail art that I did with these fun purple flower decals!! I loved using these as they were so simple and straight forward to use and they also apply so flawlessly.  You can't even tell that they are decals, which is definitely a deal breaker for me!  I finished off my mani by adding some rhinestones.  




I also got another set of floral nail decals, this set had all kinds of different pink decorations on them including small flowers, bouquets and even cute bows!  The specific sheet that I got is C065 and could be purchased on their site for only $2.86.  Its a great deal given all the different designs that you get, see below.  I thought that these designs were soo cute, and could be used for a variety of different manis, with the large number of flowers that come on one sheet! 


These also came with the same set of designs as the purple nail decals below, and were very easy to use.  I love using nail decals like this for an easy, convenient and fast way to do nail art.  Also, cannot forget about how absolutely cute the designs are!  Check out how I used them below, I decided to go all out and use a multitude of flowers on each finger, followed by some rhinestones.  One thing that I want to reiterate about these amazing water decals is that they go on ABSOLUTELY flawlessly, leaving no trace of the film or any harsh corners.  





Next item I received for review are some creative french tips, I opted for design #1, lightening bolt designs!  They are on sale for only $1.58 on their website. I'm not much of a fan of regular nail art tips, so I was soo THRILLED to see that they had some funky tips.  The sheet comes with a little more than 20 guides and were very easy to use.  Unlike french tips that I've used before, these did NOT lift up the polish that I used underneath and they also left very clean lines.  


Creative French Tips
Creative French Tips



For my nail art mani using these guides, I decided to use them twice on each of my hot pink nails, first using a black polish and then using a silver polish with glitter.  They stuck on my nails very firmly and left no trace of polish underneath!  I definitely recommend them for anyone looking for a twist on traditional french nails.  :) 


Creative French Tips

Creative French Tips
Last, but definitely not least...I received one of the most beautiful stamping plates I had ever seen!! It's called the Quirky Arabesque Pattern (QA88) plate on their website and could be purchased on their for only $2.99.  I was absolutely enamored when I first saw this, it's a small octagonal plate that has a full henna-inspired design on the WHOLE plate!! I thought that was absolutely brilliant as it gave me so many possibilities for stamping different designs.  I'm a huge fan of intricate designs like this and I was soo excited to try it out.  As you can see from the pictures below, the designs on this plate seem to be never-ending and soo detailed.  

Quirky Arabesque Stamping Plate

Quirky Arabesque Stamping Plate
This plated stamped absolutely wonderfully, I had absolutely no issues at all.  I usually get nervous stamping with plates that have such intricate designs, but every detail on the plate came through on the nails!  I was able to stamp with a regular opaque black polish, check out what I did below.  


Quirky Arabesque Stamping Plate

Quirky Arabesque Stamping Plate
Hope you guys enjoyed my review, I certainly had alot of fun reviewing all the items I received from BornPrettyStore.  I definitely recommend all of the products that I reviewed, they are affordable, easy to use and most importantly very beautiful! If you would like to purchase the items I reviewed or anything off their site, I have a 10% off code you can use!  Just enter the code MTTX31 at checkout for 10% off. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment